Home > Health
Note: If your pet is experiencing a medical emergency, consult with your veterinarian or an ER veterinarian. The information presented below and on the linked pages is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
TTouch Animal Massage
- TTouch Animal Massage this could save your pet's life
Common Questions About Feline Health
- Apathetic Hyperthyroidism
- Behavior: Feliway® Use in Cats
- Black Spots on Orange Cat Lips (Lentigo)
- Catnip - How Does it Work?
- Declawing Cats
- Dental Disease and Care
- Drooling Cat
- Estrus (Heat) Cycle in Cats
- Feline Infectious Anemia (FIA)
- Feline Stress - Tips to Keep Your Cat Calm
- Flea Control on Pet and House
- Good Grooming: A Matter of Life and Health
- Hyperthyroidism In Cats - Treatment Options
- Itching, Scratching, and Hair Loss (cats and dogs)
- Lice - Can My Cat Catch It From My Kids?
- My Hyperthyroid Cat - - Treatment Plan Update
- Neuter (Castration) Surgery
- Obesity and Optimal Weight Assessment
- MORE Veterinary Questions and Answers
- Frequently Asked Questions - Feline Health
- "Why does my orange tabby have black spots on his nose and lips?"
Cat Health Books
- Getting in TTouch with your Cat, by Linda Tellington-Jones.
- Herbs for Pets: The Natural Way to Enhance Your Pet's Life
How to Make Parsley Tea for Dogs and Cats rich source of anti-oxidant nutrients and vitamin C.
Purémedy for Animals Veterinary First Aid Salve
Elizabethan collar protective medical device worn by an animal.
(E-collar, pet cone, "cone of shame") When your animal has to wear one of those cones, it is best to tell your animal that the cone is a "magic healing cone" (or simply a "healing cone"). After all, when they wear it, it helps them to heal faster than if they were not wearing it. By calling it a "magic healing cone", you are focusing on healing and associating positive energy with the cone and the experience of your animal wearing it.
- Soft Paws nail caps for cats, a humane alternative to declawing
Flea & Tick Prevention
Warning: For flea & tick prevention medication, you should talk to your veterinarian about Revolution and similar products. Note that some over-the-counter flea & tick prevention medications, such as Har tz Ul tra Gua rd, have been known to cause health problems, in some cases severe enough to recommend euthanasia. See: HartzVictims.org.
- Cancer in cats - Causes and Treatments
- Cat Health 101: Veterinary Care for Cats
- Cat Vaccines
- Feline Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Heart Failure in Cats
- Nurturing Your Senior Cat
- SugarRub.org Mammary Tumors in Animals
Substances Toxic to Cats
- Pet Poison Helpline Tel: 800-213-6680. 24/7 animal poison control center. Fee applies.
- Aspirin acetylsalicylic acid, ASA
- Sunscreen human sunscreen breaks down into salicylic acid (aspirin)
- 10 Deadly Cat Poisons That Are In Your Home Right Now
- CH: Cerebellar Hypoplasia
- CHF: Congestive Heart Failure
- IBD: Feline Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- URI: Upper Respiratory Infection
- UTI: Urinary Tract Infection